Tamara Chuang with the Denver Post featured the INO Weather Pro™ in the paper’s Tech+ section today. The Weather Pro is the first handheld device that combines real-time lightning detection up to 40 miles away with traditional weather data like temperature, pressure, humidity, heat index, dew point, and altitude. Click the link to read the article and find out more about how the INO Weather Pro can help you monitor the weather where ever you are.
Your kids might think that even a short lightning delay of their soccer game is a TOTAL disaster, but you know a little time is well worth their safety. Next time they complain about a little lightning, you can have a few stories in hand to explain why weather is worth taking seriously!
These fascinating and detailed accounts of devastating lightning strikes is worth a quick read. Full article here.
1. Church of the Nazaire in Brescia, Italy, 1769. “Lightning and gunpowder don’t mix.”
2. Pan American Flight 214, December 8, 1963. Lightning strikes Boeing 707.
3. New York City Blackout, Summer 1977. What happens when “massive lightning bolts” strike a major electrical transmission line over and over.
4. Lightning in Space (sort of), 1969. Apollo 12 was struck thirty seconds into liftoff.
5. The Yellowstone Fires, Summer 1988. Lightning strikes, drought, and high winds combined wreak havoc.
6. Lightning vs. The Force, 2005. Star Wars “priceless and irreplaceable” toys and memorabilia were stored in a loft, close to where lightning hit the roof…
7. Lightning: Cure or Cause? A surgeon becomes obsessed with classical piano after being struck by lightning; claims of returned eyesight; a man doesn’t feel cold, and more.
Credit Sara Newton, Mental_Floss
Weather affects us all on a daily basis, but we can also learn to manage our time so that we can safely do the things we want to without getting ourselves in hot water. The INO Weather Pro™ will give you all the information you need to make an informed decision when inclement weather is in your area. Check out the website at www.inotechnologies.com for more information and sign up for our newsletter. We will send you more fun and informative information about weather.