More Useful Information
Other Helpful Information
Lightning is a threat anywhere thunderstorms occur. If you hear thunder, it is time to take shelter.
- Avoid using the telephone, or other electrical appliances.
- Do not take a bath or shower, or stand near plumbing.
- Seek shelter in a sturdy building. A hard-top automobile can also offer protection.
- If you are boating or swimming, get out of the water and move to a safe shelter on land.
- If you are in a wooded area, seek shelter under a thick growth of relatively small trees.
- If you feel your hair standing on end, squat with your head between your knees. Do not lie flat!
- Avoid isolated trees or other tall objects, water, fences, convertible cars, tractors and motorcycles.